Friday, March 25, 2011

Holiday Highlights #6: LAST ONE! :D ...A New Year in New Jersey

 Punky-Gerto, as she's fondly nick-named (don't ask! haha), 
with the baby-doll she got from Curt & I for Christmas!  Adorable sweetie-pie with those little pig-tails I put in her hair! :) :) :)

Ok, so I forgot how much it can snow in New Jersey!!! So this is the mid-western born & bred girl that I am, speaking right now, but I have to say... I miss it!  (Not the shoveling & driving part, just the fun of it all and the vast beauty of God's creation of snow!!!)  This was a crazy blizzard that came just a few days before we were supposed to leave to drive back to KY!
So this is an almost completely buried car!  I pity the owner - the plows just kept pushing the snow on that side again & again, no matter how much the neighbors on that side of the street shoveled!  Poor guys!  


 Ok, so this is the totally buried car, minus that side-view mirror!  (And no help, except on the side from snow-plows)!!!  Crazy, crazy, crazy blizzard!


 Ethan could barely walk in it!!!  
But there he was, determined to help with his shovel, along with the rest of the guys!


 Curt & Peter shoveling out Mom Crick's van.


 Mandy & Adrielle - aren't they just so stinkin' cute?!!


 Awww, just look at that smile - caught this moment candid as Adrielle played with her Uncle Dan.


"Ok, you're turn!"  Adrielle let's Uncle Dan take a turn on her cell phone conversation.  :) Adrielle LOVES talking on the phone!!! She's been known to take the phone from Momma Mandy or Auntie Lyd and blabber away - she always has so much to say!!!  


 Mandy & Pete eating at Chili's with us!  Delicious!


 I liked this pic of Mandy & Pete inside the glowing chili pepper!  It's actually not a neon sign chili pepper, it's a painted red chili's napkin holder that lit up with the setting I used on the camera!!


 Uncle Curt, Auntie Jo, and Adrielle at Chili's!!


 Our gorgeous sister Mandy & lil bro Ethan!


 Bottle-time with Auntie Jo before nap-time - soooo sleepy!


AW!  I think the lil punkin just woke up here!  At least she still seems pretty happy 
to be with one of her babysitters - Auntie Jo!


Andy, Trish, Olive, and Eden Gruswitz - awesome friends of my family, and great musicians!  They even have their own music teaching business in NJ, and you can find it at http://www.olivetreemusicstudio.com/!!  
We had such a fun jam session that night, 
complete with Andy's guitar, Trish's violin, Pete's clarinet, and our voices! So much fun!  
I miss being able to hang out with these people terribly!  
But they're truly awesome friends!!

 Ethan & Olive - they had so much fun together!


 Mom Crick with Ethan & Adrielle - can you feel all the love?!


 I think we were actually playing Boggle in this picture!  (Mandy was just using the Taboo box to have something to write on).  Apparently it went something like this:
Mandy: Bwahahahahahahaha!
Curtis: Hahahaha - Gotcha sister!
Pete: I'm not sure what to think about this.
Adrielle: I'm leaving!
Ethan: What is going on here?!


 Curt & Adrielle together... this was our last night in NJ, 
and Adrielle was obviously very sad to have to say goodbye! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment