Saturday, May 5, 2012
Confessions of a Non-Blogger
Unfortunately I have come to finally realize that I am, alas, a self-titled "non-blogger." At least for now. I may have been a once-in-a-while blogger once upon a time, but that was about nine months or more ago, and my blog has been in quite a coma since. Yes, this sounds dismal, but as the famous saying from AA goes, the first step to overcoming a problem is admitting it, right? I have to self-consciously admit, I imagine myself a prolific writer at times. I think up fascinating stories to tell you all that simply never make it here. Why? I suppose because I've never had a "set time" to blog, and have convinced myself over and over that I have too many other things to keep up with - like a wonderful husband, and a house, and a job, and church and social responsibilites - yes, even facebook and email. But I've stepped away a little from both of the latter lately - more to curb an addiction than to express my lack of interest in them. And I'd love to blog. BUT, I don't want to get your hopes up... I think I've already done that a few times, only to let you, my poor readers, down once more. Like when I announced I was going to share with you about my exciting trip to Australia, or when I said "Awake, O thou sleeping blog!" last year in August. But here's to sharing a simple hope with you... A hope to once in a while surprise you with a "front-porch visit" to 'my ole Kentucky home.' I'd love to give you some Crick news once in a while, or share a stream of thoughts on some intriguing subject, or let you in on a rare creative idea or two. How does that sound? I hope I don't let you down. Meanwhile, keep enjoying your own blogging. And as far as blogs go, just know that all along, I've always appreciated yours. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow Joanna! Thanks for adding an update. Mary and I loved to see the update. Keep them coming. Even every other month would be great! :-) We would love to see how the Crick residence is going and how God has been/is blessing you!
ReplyDeleteD&M
Hi Joanna, I totally sympathize. I have the same problem - I love to write, but there's always so much to do, so much to keep me from blogging. The pressures of life are many for all of us, so whenever you get around to blogging, we'll appreciate the updates, but in the meantime, I'm sure all your readers completely understand, since many of us are in the same boat!
ReplyDeleteHey Jo, I totally understand. For a while I hadn't written anything on mine either. Now I feel more obligated to post updates of Avery for our distant family so they can remain updated on her growth, as they grow fast! Don't worry, we appreciate your updates whenever they come. Hope life continues to go well for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you all for your thoughtful and kind replies! I sincerely didn't expect them, since it really has been sooooo long since I posted! I wasn't sure anyone would notice! You all have encouraged me to stick to my once in a while update. You all are the best. Thanks!
ReplyDelete